Clothing Recycling – Available for residents in all RRRASOC member communities
Clothing and textiles are 100% recyclable, but 85% still ends up in landfills. Learn more at www.weardonaterecycle.org
Residents in all RRRASOC member communities (Farmington, Farmington Hills, Milford Township, Novi, South Lyon, Southfield, Village of Milford, Walled Lake and Wixom) can recycle unwanted clothing, shoes, accessories and other household discards such as kitchenware, tools, toys and books, with a free, residential curbside pickup service on the same day as the weekly, recycling pick-up service.
In cooperation with participating communities and RRRASOC, Simple Recycling provides an easy, free and convenient way to keep this 100% recyclable and reusable material out of landfills.
Simple Recycling provides two collection bags to get residents started. Whenever residents use the Simple Recycling Collection bags and / or tags, the collecting driver will leave another bag for residents to use the next time. If residents need more collection bags between pick-ups, please call (866) 835-5068. Simple Recycling will promptly send more.
Simple, Easy and Free Program Steps:
- Step 1: Place clothing, shoes and small household items that you no longer need in the bag provided or other waterproof bag with a tag or large label reading: “SIMPLE RECYCLING.”
- Step 2: Leave the bag(s) curbside on the same day you would leave your other recyclable materials out for collection.
- Step 3: Simple Recycling will collect the bags and recycle their contents for reuse!
This program is in addition to your current recycling program. Your recycling cart / bin collection will remain the same.
Simple Recycling is focused on clothing and textile recycling, but they are able to take any small household goods in working condition, too.
- Men’s Clothing
- Children’s Clothing
- Women’s Clothing
- Bedding (sheets, pillow cases, blankets, comforters)
- Belts & Ties
- Coats & Jackets
- Fashion Accessories
- Halloween costumes
- Handbags & Purses
- Pet beds & clothing
- Shoes & Slippers (in pairs)
- Socks (single or in pairs)
- Stuffed Animals
- Table Linens
Residents who live in communities not serviced by the Simple Recycling program are encouraged to donate unwanted clothing to their favorite charity or thrift shop. RRRASOC provides a list of local organizations, including those that offer pickup.